On-site Casting Repairs are specialists in repairing cracked, damaged and holed castings using the cold metal stitching process.
Whether it’s a cracked vintage cylinder head or a 15 tonne ballace weight, we have the knowledge to repair it.
Benefits of this type of repair:-
- Repairs can be carried out on site and in-situ
- Minimum strip down
- Pressure tight seal
- Generally no machining needed
- Introduction of new sections of the castings where the damaged area is beyond repair i.e. con rod failure or frost damaged areas which have been welded
- When the repair is completed it is usually completely invisible
- No heat from welding causing distortion or stress fractures.
Repairs commonly carried out to:-
- Engine Blocks – Vintage, Agricultural, Plant, Commercial & Marine
- Cylinder Heads
- Gear Boxes
- Pumps & Bearing Pedestals
- Heavy Plant Industries